Thursday, May 11, 2017
11:30 AM - 2:00 PM
(Networking starts at 11:30 AM)
10455 NE 8th Street
Bellevue, WA 98004
Board Member: $17.50
May Quarterly Program
Approved for 1 CFP Credit
Join Sandy J. Cairns, Hanson Baker, for her presentation "Estate Planning 101 - what you need to know to preserve your legacy and communicate your wishes"
Estate Planning 101 provides an introduction to the estate planning process. Sandy Cairns, an estate planning attorney with Hanson Baker Ludlow Drumheller P.S., in Bellevue will be presenting. Sandy assists clients with a wide range of related issues including guardianships, wills, trusts, powers of attorney and healthcare directives, estate settlement, gift and tax planning, trust and estate litigation, and estate tax and tax planning.
Join Kalen Hanna, the Employer Services Manager here give a presentation on "401ks in today's industry".
CE Credit(s) Pending
Sandy J. Cairns
One of the things clients like best about working with Sandy Cairns is that she is an approachable, compassionate and skilled estate planning attorney. Her thorough, educational approach helps clients make informed decisions to achieve their estate planning goals. Using an open and engaging style, Sandy helps put her clients at ease and assists them in navigating the full spectrum of estate matters including powers of attorney and guardianship, wills and trusts, estate and gift tax planning, and probate and trust administration.
Sandy also assists clients with business issues such as entity selection, formation and maintenance, contract drafting and review, and real estate transactions.
- LL.M, University of Washington, Taxation
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law, cum laude
- B.A., University of British Columbia, Political Science
ARTICLES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Back to Basics with the New Matrix (Spring 2014)
- Choice of Entity (2012)
- Estate Planning 101 (2009, 2011 and 2012)
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT
- Seattle Estate Planning Council
- East King County Estate Planning Council
- Washington State Bar Association – RPPT and Taxation Sections
- King County Bar Association - Real Property, Probate and Trust Section
- Washington Women in Tax
- Washington Women in Need, board member
- EvergreenHealth Foundation, board member
- MAMA Seattle (Mother Attorney Mentoring Association of Seattle), member, past board member
- Kirkland Community Advisory Board, past board member
Kalen is the Employer Services Manager who joined Saturna Capital in August 2009.
- B.A., Western Washington University, International Business
- M.B.A., Strayer University, Finance